ESSA Main Values
- To promote and defend the image of the smoked salmon sector
- To prevent safety crisis in the sector through the listeria database
- To be an interlocutor with salmon farmers and suppliers on future farming/feeding/quality in general
- To be a forum where to discuss and share knowledge on issues related to the raw material/transformation processes linked to safety and to where to consider the development of industry best practices
- To represent the sector towards EU regulatory bodies
ESSA Vision & Mission
ESSA aims to:
- establish all necessary liaisons with companies, national and international organisations whose activities may directly or indirectly concern the lawful trading of the industry’s products;
- work at all times for and in the interests of all members and the European smoked salmon industry;
- promote and co-ordinate food safety initiatives for the benefit of the industry and consumers;
- provide data on listeria contamination per packing station, through ESSA database, granting access to members and observers on the basis of the rules laid down in these statutes;
- defend the image of the industry’s products;
- prevent any crisis on the industry’s products, developing benchmark of good practices, exchanges between members;
- enhance the involvement of the industry as key player in the supply chain by fostering transparency and full traceability;
- ensure the collection, availability and exchange of lawful information.
The structure of ESSA is briefly described below.
In the Quality and Safety Working Group, all technical dossiers of relevance to ESSA are presented and discussed. The WG meetings are attended by delegates of member companies appointed by the General Assembly.
The Communication Working Group comprises of delegates of member companies appointed by the General Assembly. The main activities of the WG are to prepare press releases when needed and to review the content of ESSA website regularly.
ESSA is administered by the Management Committee comprised of delegates of member companies appointed by the General Assembly. The Management Committee prepares the General Assembly meetings, oversees the general functioning of ESSA and prepares the strategic agenda for ESSA’s work.
The ESSA General Assembly takes place annually, bringing together all ESSA members to agree on matters of general interest. The General Assembly is hosted by the Secretariat and takes place in Brussels, Belgium.
|President (2020-2022)||Laurent Lasquibar (LABEYRIE)|
|Vice-President (2020-2022)||Juan Ignacio Monfort (COPESCO & SEFRISA)|
|Secretary General||Marian Brestovansky|
|Office Support||Adam Ben Abdallah|